If you have gathered all the required documents for filing an income tax return, then you should not wait for the last date to file the return. Although the last date to file Income Tax Return for the financial year 2018-19 is July 31, 2019, but to avoid the last minute glitch, you can submit your return online as well.
The ITR-1 and ITR-2 forms are now available on the e-filing website. According to the update on income tax, India e-filing website, “ITR 1, 2, 3 and 4 for assessment year (AY), 2019-20 is now available for e-Filing. Other ITRs will be available shortly.”
Here is the step-wise process to upload Income Tax Return
- Download the ITR preparation software for the relevant assessment year to your system from the ‘Downloads’ page.
- Prepare the return using the downloaded software.
- ITR filing.
- Log in to e-filing website with the user ID, password, date of birth, and enter the given captcha code.
- Now, go to e-File and click on ‘Upload Return’ and select the appropriate ITR, assessment year, and XML file previously saved in Step 2.
- In the next step, upload Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), if applicable. Make sure to register DSC with e-Filing.
- Click on ‘Submit.’ Once the submission is complete, ITR-V will be displayed (in case DSC is not used).
- Click on the link and download the ITR-V. This form will also be sent to the registered email. If your ITR is uploaded with DSC, the return filing process is complete.
Alternatively, if the return is not uploaded with DSC, the ITR-V form should be printed, signed, and submitted to CPC within 120 days from the date of e-Filing. The return will be processed only upon receipt of signed ITR-V.
A step-by-step guide to preparing and submit Income Tax Return online
- Login to e-Filing website with the user ID, password, date of birth, and captcha code given on the page.
- Go to e-File and click on ‘Prepare and Submit ITR Online.’ It should be noted that only ITR 1 and ITR 4s can be filled online.
- Select the Income-tax return form ITR 1 or ITR 4s and the assessment year.
- Fill in the details and click the ‘Submit’ button.
Rest of the steps are the same as mentioned above in the step-wise process to upload ITR.
You can also read about the Incorporation of Company in India.